Course 2 moves deeper into the manipulation of color into glass. From ancient wrap and rake pattern work to rich 3 dimensional honeycombs you will study the fundamentals of various color techniques.
- Stringer - Introduction to the world of color, the versatile stringer, and marble making techniques.
Project: Mushroom Pendant,Compression Marble
- Cane/Latticino - Creating cane and latticino patterns.
Project: A Bunch of Cane
- Fuming - Covers versatility of fuming different colors and metals into glass via various techniques. Project: Fume Outside Bubbler
- Wrap & Rake - Ancient glass pattern work that is a foundation of color working.
Project: Outside Bubbler
- Frit & Powder - Use of color frits and powders for texture and color.
Project: Inside-out Frit Spoon
- Cut & Flip - Advanced inside out technique that literally involves cutting into a pattern and flipping it to create a new one.
Project: 2 Piece Sherlock
- Drawing On Glass - Doing traditional artwork on glass.
Project: Belt Buckle
- Flare & Inside Out - Inside out color-working is an age old method for coloring your piece from within, allowing the glass to magnify.
Project: Inside-out Sidecar
- Honeycombs - Bubble pattern technique that accentuates fumed and multicolored sections with beautiful three demensional depth.
Project: Dish-The Jello Drop
Project: Color Stand Up Bubbler
Course is 10 2.5 Hour Classes